• Competitive pricing / fees
• Direct billing
• Flexible appointment times
• Same hygienist every time (familiarity, rapport, understanding your issues)
• Spa-like, relaxing atmosphere
• Mobile appointments (upon request)
ADDITIONAL REMINDERS — NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
• Parking is available on the main street.
• Our office hours may change on occasion due to mobile appointment scheduling.
• Our office is focused on prevention, therefore there is no dentist on-site.
• For cancellations, 24-hour notice would be appreciated (see our cancellation policy).
• Oral Assessment – On your first visit to Dental Hygiene on Demand, you will be asked to fill out a dental, medical, and personal history form and we will provide you with a complete new client exam. We will focus on your specific concerns and provide you with a personalized treatment plan to help improve your oral health.
• Periodontal Assessment – A thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and supporting structures. This includes taking measurements of gingival (gum) recession and periodontal pockets.
• EO / IO Assessment; Oral cancer screening – We will thoroughly assess your head and neck as well as your oral cavity to examine for any abnormalities such as cancer.
• Dental Scaling – The physical removal of plaque and calculus (tartar) above and below the gumline of teeth.
• Polish / Stain Removal – The removal of surface stain on your teeth caused by coffee, red wine, tobacco, and other food, drinks and environmental factors.
• Fluoride Varnish – Fluoride helps to strengthen tooth enamel and therefore decreases the risk of cavities. Its use is ideal for developing teeth up to 18 years old as well as on teeth that are susceptible to decay.
• Desensitization – The use of a fluoride varnish helps to block the tubules that send the signal of sensitivity to the nerve of the tooth thereby decreasing overall sensitivity and pain.
• Referrals – We will provide you with any necessary referrals to other dental professionals including general dentists, periodontists, orthodontists, paedodontists, endodontists (root canal specialists), and oral pathologists.
• Oral Hygiene Education – The dental aisle in your pharmacy can be overwhelming. We will help you choose the right products for your oral health and teach you how to use them most effectively.
• Custom Fit Sports Guards – Anyone who participates in a sport that carries a risk of dental injury should use a mouthguard. At DHOD, we choose ProForm professional grade mouthguards because they provide a superior fit and retention when compared to OTC boil-and-bite types of mouthguards. “In addition, ProForm mouthguards are thin, comfortable, and will retain their shape long after other mouthguards have worn out.”
• Whitening – Brighten up your smile with our professional in-office whitening treatment or our take-home whitening kits. Wicked White is our go-to whitening brand because it causes less sensitivity when compared to others on the market. Contact us to schedule your free whitening consultation.
• Sealants – Sealants are a low-cost way to protect your teeth from decay. They are a tooth-coloured material that are most commonly placed on the molars of children ages 6 – 12, sealing out decay caused by foods, beverages, and bacteria in the pits and grooves of the teeth.
• Nutritional Counselling – Collecting dietary information and looking for clues of oral health status is the first step in nutritional counseling. As oral health professionals, we know the mouth is the window for viewing internal health. Through the examination of the oral cavity, we are able to identify red flags related to nutritional deficiencies.
• Tobacco Cessation – Tobacco is a risk factor for many oral diseases and adverse oral conditions. We are here to provide our knowledge and support to guide you to a tobacco-free lifestyle.